I have been amazed at the response of the twitter community to the TweetsGiving campaign. The firehose of gratitude shared through the #tweetsgiving tag during those 48 hours was overwhelming. Now that TweetsGiving 2008 is over (and we’ve met our goal!!) I wanted to share some data about our efforts. This year during TweetsGiving…
- ~3,000 gratitude tweets were posted including the tweetsgiving tag. search.twitter.com only lets you go back 100 pages so that’s an estimate, but check out the awesome wordle visualization of these gratitude tweets below.
- TweetsGiving was one of the top trending terms over the 48 hours of the campaign. The screenshot below from twitscoop gives a sense of the campaign as it spread in real time. Note the rise in activity in the first and last hours as word initially got out and as urgency built to help us reach the goal by the deadline.
- $11,021 were raised in 364 donations
- The TweetsGiving site had 15,830 Total Pageviews from 7,563 Unique Visitors in 101 different countries.
- TweetsGiving received over 100 press and blogger mentions (currently 107).
I had an amazing time putting together the TweetsGiving campaign with Stacey and the rest of our team. Thank you Stacey, Dave and Carrie, Matt, Vince, and Sarah. Thanks to Tori, Brian, and Mari for tweeting up a storm with us and feeling empowered to make this event their own. I can’t express my appreciation enough for everyone who tweeted thanks, donated, blogged, shared, or reflected with us to help make this Thanksgiving truly amazing.